The cost of electricity continues to escalate, would you be interested in systems that can reduce electrical costs by 10 to 20%? Would understanding more about these systems and the differences among them drive behavior changes in restaurants? In this lesson, you'll learn about the benefits of incorporating an energy management system (EMS) to maximize your company's bottom line. But first, you'll find out more about a number of factors that impact the amount energy companies charge restaurant facilities for electricity. By the end of this lesson, you will be able to:
- Define key terminology related to energy management.
- Identify the factors that impact the cost of energy charged by utility companies.
- Recognize the items that consume the most energy in restaurants.
- Describe ways to minimize usage in a facility.
- Identify what equipment should be controlled by a basic energy management system.