Heating, ventilating, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems in the restaurant industry play a vital role in the guest experience. Uncomfortable indoor conditions will make even the finest restaurant seem inferior to a guest who is not comfortable. By the end of this lesson, you will be able to:
- Define terminology related to HVAC systems.
- Describe the conditions that can take place when buildings become unbalanced in air pressure.
- Execute a simple building pressure test.
- Describe the components and processes of an HVAC system.
- Explain the steps in the refrigerant cycle.
- Diagnose some common HVAC troubles.